top of page
KNOW WHAT SINGS TO LOOK FOR
- Doors and windows sticking
- Cracks in concrete floors, sheet rock & brick veneer
- Gaps or separation besides garage doors, windows & door frames
- Gaps under interior baseboards
- Basement walls cracking and or bulging/ caving in
Causes of Foundation Problems
- Changes in moisture content of the soil due to weather conditions
- Poor landscaping
- Poor drainage
- Lack of gutters
- Plumbing leaks
- Poor construction
- Pour lot preparation (pre-construction)
The Cause of Foundation Problems
Non-Compacted Fill Dirt - part of the structure sinks into the soft wall.
Plumbing Leaks - can cause the foundation to fail and crack the walls.
Water Run-Off - from the roof causes the soil to become oversaturated in some areas.
Water Ponding - Will also affect your home. Parts of the foundation may lift up then sink after the soil dries out.
bottom of page